Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Some Blogtastic Thoughts on Marriage

Today is our two year anniversary, and despite the fact that Dave has been mocking me for even having a blog by making up words like "bloggeriffic" and "blogtastic," I can honestly say that I am as happy as I was when we were in the blissful dating stage and we could do no wrong - spending way too much time in the car, freezing to death while we talked outside our dorms, and dodging C of O security (maybe it wasn't that blissful :).
 
Dave and I have both made it clear to one another on numerous occasions since that picture-perfect May day two years ago that we are both capable of doing wrong.  But I feel like we've also made it clear that it doesn't matter - that when we said "for better or worse," we really meant it.  Honestly, I don't think we've even tasted "worse" yet, but we're in it for the long haul just the same.
 
Before we got married, so many people told us "The first year is the hardest...If you can survive the first year then you'll be fine."  Dave and I didn't merely survive the first year - we loved it.  The second year was a piece of cake, and I can't wait to see what year three has in store for us.  So for anyone out there who is afraid of marriage just because of what it represents, a lifelong commitment, don't be.  If you are with the right person, nothing beats getting to spend every day with them. 

1 comment:

Aries said...

Happy anniversary! It's good to see you at Cole and Rebekah's wedding! I enjoy reading your blog. Keep up the good work!

Tweet Roll