Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Basics

I feel like I should outline my basic philosophy on life so that you, dear reader, will have some context for my ramblings.

Religion - I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I try to make my life something that will give Him pleasure and glorify Him, not me. I don't claim to be perfect, only forgiven. Neither do I claim that God's grace is a justification for sin. I am just grateful that I know the Lord and really hope that how I carry out my existence will lead others to Christ.

Love - The first thing that comes to mind when I use that word is my husband Dave, although it should probably be the guy in the previously discussed topic. I think that love flourishes when honesty is welcomed, forgiveness is quick and genuine, patience is infinite and humor is abundant. Dave continually amazes me with his unending selflessness, and I do my best to show him how much I appreciate him every day. So far whatever we're doing is working. We're almost two years in and happier than ever.

Life in General - God, family and friends (I try to keep them in that order) are priorities for me. Work is not. I enjoy my job, but would always rather be at home or out having fun, which is why I'll probably never "get ahead." I arrive at 8 a.m. and leave at 4:30 p.m. on the dot. Maybe that makes me just an average nobody, but this nobody would much rather spend her time with people that matter to me doing things that matter to me. Wake up folks...when the Lord calls your name, it won't matter how much overtime you worked, how much money was in your bank account, what car you drove, or how many square feet your house is. It will matter whose lives you touched and how many souls you won for Christ. Those things are eternal.

1 comment:

Ryan Siebert said...

Amen Amanda! This may sound like too much coincidence, but i was thinking about "my" theory of life this morning without ever reading your blog. I came up with the theory of "F's". Faith, Family, Friends, Fun, and Service. The service is the "S" in F's. What do you think?

Tweet Roll