Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Recent Developments (in a nutshell)

Ok, so I haven't been blogging for a while because nothing worth writing about was happening, and then some stuff happened and I got distracted by the previously mentioned stuff and wasn't thinking about blogging. So, here are a few of the more significant or at least semi-interesting things that have taken place in the last several weeks.

1) I discovered an online design school that tickled my fancy (www.sessions.edu). I am enrolled in a class there now and plan to enroll in the graphic design program within the next few weeks. My concentrations will be print design and web design.

2) I am going to get a MacBook Pro and Adobe CS3! Woo hoo! The process has been complicated. After nearly getting scammed trying to get a MacBook on Craigslist, and then nearly getting scammed trying to get one on Ebay, I ordered one from a legitimate site, then my mom offered to pay for better one, so I cancelled the first order, became obsessed with placing the order for newer MacBook and am currently driving myself nuts while waiting for the green light to place the new order. I am also quite excited about the free iPod touch I will receive when I order my Mac. Words really don't exist to describe the level of anticipation and excitement I have about the whole Mac/design school happenings. It has been amazing how the Lord has answered my prayers on this subject. I have been overwhelmed by the generosity and support that I've experienced since I started seriously pursuing a career in design.

3) Some guy asked me out at the library, and when I responded nicely that I didn't think my husband would like that, he responded "Well he wouldn't have to know about it." I wasn't nice anymore. Creep.

4) I stepped in gum on the way into the library today. It was bright red. I'm thinking Bubblelicious-Strawberry Splash.

5) A bunch of peach juice leaked out of the tupperware I had the peaches in and into the passenger seat of my car, and now there's a big, dark sticky spot there and I'm dreading the day when someone actually needs to sit there.

6) We have been formulating a plan for a trip to Europe in March. We are planning to spend about a week in Paris and then a week in London. So I have also been flirting with insanity trying to find cheap lodging and cheap plane tickets for that pending adventure.

7) Dave has continued his training to teach at the University of Phoenix and has gotten an offer to teach his first class, U.S. Constitution, in October. Hooray!

Ok, I think that's everything worth mentioning. Until next time!

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

#2--have I mentioned I'm jealous of this? I am. :) #3--that's funny! What did Dave think about some creep hitting on his wife?

Tweet Roll