Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Good Life

Recently, Dave and I had the good fortune to spend a day with our friend Ryan Siebert.  He invited us out to his homestead in Protem, Mo. and treated us to a day on the lake in his family's ski boat.  And what a pretty boat it was. 

 

We got to eat lunch (turkey sandwiches, Sun Chips, cookies and grapes) on the water and just talk about life.  In my humble opinion, there are few sensations that compete with cruising on the water on a beautiful day with the wind blowing through your hair.  And in this case, Kylie Minogue was playing in the background (thanks Ryan).

 

Another highlight of the day was getting to meet Molly, the Siebert family's Golden Retriever.  She was so sweet and cute and cuddly.  She made me think that someday I'll have a Molly of my own. 

 

As if the day wasn't good enough, we got to go back to Branson that evening and hang out with the Wyatts, two people I wouldn't trade for the world.

 

For me, friends, the outdoors and good food add up to equal the good life.  I got to live the good life this past weekend.

No comments:

Tweet Roll